Bootlicker, Tevez, Andy Murray, HD TV, 3D TV

Bloody 'ell. I'm sitting here stunned because I refused to watch any sports today, until Sky Sports News came on at 7 and we fucking won!! Although why that United bastard had to throw the bottle at Bellamy's 'ead I will never know.




Hell of a game, and the coverage all week was brilliant, what with
Tevez calling Gary Neville a bootlicker an'all. They reckoned Sir Alex
leaving Gary off the bench was his token peace keeping contribution.Africa cup of nations and Andy Murray in Australian Open on Sunday



Jesus, I haven't done a damn thing this morning. I've been up three hours and I've been online all morning, no work done, people sending me emails, and I'm ordering fabric online and looking for the best deals. About to make some coffee and a bagel with marmite, and get going for the day.

I didn't get the whole Tevez/Neville thing when I first read Tevez's comments. Then it came out later that because of the language barrier, Tevez didn't fully understand what Neville said, and it was actually translated to him incorrectly. Storm in a teacup, although I was pissed when he scored those 2 goals in the first game. City fans have to be loving all of this, even though they lost, because they have never received so much publicity. I had to laugh at the end of the game though, and the Sky reporter was interviewing Mancini, and Mancini goes "yeah we played very well, I'm very happy" and Sky reporter goes, "if you played so well then why did you lose?" I almost pissed myself laughing because you would never hear a reporter ask that here. Yeah, Sir. Alex wrote in the program notes for the Hull game that he wanted the fans on their best behavior, because the fans are already pissed about the Glazers. Those bastards have plundered the wealth of the 2nd most profitable sports franchise in the world. Back in the 90's I remember reading in Sports Illustrated that the Yankees were #1 and United were #2, unbelievable. They don't know shit about football, they just saw the $$$$ signs, and by the way their NFL team the Tampa Bay Bucaneers are in shit too, and they own an ice hockey team that's in the shit. Why in the hell did Rio Ferdinand appeal his 3 match ban? What a bloody idiot, now it's 4 matches????? Was it just so that he could play on Wednesday night? I don't get it.

Yeah, big sporting weekend, Andy Murray, United/Arsenal. Plus we are all in Superbowl mode here for the next week. I LOVE Superbowl Sunday, and The Who are playing the half-time show. Can't wait. My neighbors husband and 2 sons are football crazy, huge Redskins fans, especially the dad, car all tricked out and shit. His seat is covered with a Redskins seat cover, air freshener and stuff. They have all the neighbors over for beers, and everyone cooks and takes food over, it's great.

We don't even have the footie in HD here yet, but that's about to change for the World Cup. I've had my TV for 8 years, since I moved into this house, but it's gonna have to go come May, and I'll buy an HDTV. They're dirt cheap anyway, and mine is old and heavy. I'm going to put it on Craigslist as free to a good home, but you have to pick it up.

Can't believe that Tootie Fruities are still available, bloody 'ell. There used to be a website that I could order Brit sweets from and I would place a big order once every 3-4 months (they had all the old stuff), but they stopped shipping to the US. I almost cried.

No comments: