Recycling, Fox Soccer, Tevez and Barak

So I have to comment on the recycling. You can be such a curmudgeon sometimes. I am not sure if anyone HAS to recycle, but everyone has a green recycle bin. We don't have to sort it, we just put everything in the bin and they pick it up once a week on a Friday. They sort it in my town, but it is likely different in different jurisdictions. However, I live in a community with a Homeowner's Association (HOA), which means I pay a fee (mandatory) per month, and they have set rules and regulations. If you want new windows, doors, anything on the exterior, you have to go through the HOA, otherwise hefty fine. No satellite dishes on the roof, my only violation, which was not my violation. Before I bought the house there was a satellilte dish on the roof, so I just went ahead and took out the satellite subscription in my name. 3 years later these bastards sent me a letter telling me that they would take me to court if I did not remove the dish within 10 days. I tried to fight it saying dish was on the roof before I got there, but they weren't buying that excuse, and I couldn't be arsed to fight them. They said I could put the dish on my deck which I had them do, but there is a flaming great tree behind me, and when Spring came I couldn't get reception, so I went to cable. However, if my roof collapses or anything on the exterior of the property gets fucked, they have to pay for it. They also have to take care of snow removal, the grass and tree cutting etc. Anyway, back to the recycling, our town and HOA say we should recycle everything that can be recycled, and it has been known for them to ransack the trash bags to find mail and then send you a fine for not recycling what is supposed to be recycled. To be honest though, I am all for recycling, and I recycle everything I can. I'm also one of those people that take my reusable bags to the store!! I must admit I am a bit of a lefty hippy at times.


So Setanta are going under? I have looked at their line-up for the past couple of months, and I am not that impressed. Plus, it's not really worth me getting it for the England games now, and all of the World Cup games will be on ESPN and ABC. As much as I hate Rupert Murdoch I LOVE Fox Soccer Channel.


I think that Obama has earned the name of the school because he is the first black president. Regardless of how well he serves, that cannot be changed. However, Michelle - not so much. I'm starting to agree with some of the naysayers regarding the fact that the press treats him like a celebrity. I just don't think that they are holding him accountable for some of his campaign promises that he has either disregarded or failed to act upon as quickly as he said he would. I love Obama, but Iwould appreciate SOME objectivity.



I missed the Sky Sports News at noon, and I wanted to see the United schedule for next season, I will wait for the 7 o'clock news.




Have you seen that Tevez has gone? I am sure this has little to do with his wishes or Man Utds. I dont understand the set up where he a the other one who plays for Liverpool are owned by another person, but their only concern must be making money, and not any loyalty to a club, or even to the individual. And of course this is clear in that Tevez may be going to Man City!!!! where all the money is. Can I remind you of what Noel Gallagher said about the Abu Dhabi take over of City? "Its so good to know that every time a Utd fan puts petrol in his car, he is funding city" Hilarious Yes?

We now have to take bags to the shop, or buy some more. We have separate bins for everything, and still have to take plastics to the tip. They were planning on putting little computers in bins to ensure you dont put in ANYTHING that should not be there, on pain of death, or a big fine anyway.We have the same size bin for real rubbish as a single person household too! Its the worst job in the house, and so I am teaching the boys how to do it. Who needs a man about the house when you have a home owners association?

No comments: