Barack and Michelle Obama Service Learning Elementary and Cat Shit

I have just read that some school in the US has changed its name to Barack and Michelle Obama Service Learning Elementary! It all seems a bit early even if he is the saviour. Although we dont do God much in England I think I prefer ST Giles, or Blessed Mary etc. Though we do have Thomas Telford, Mary Webb, Captain Webb (who swam the channel) and Blessed Robert Johnstone locally I am sure they all proved themselves and are dead now so they cant be discredited. And did they include Michelle for any particular reason? We really like them and everything but its a bit premature.

Roasting hot today. Done a load of gardening and mowed over some hidden cat shit. Dirty Bastard animals shitting on my lawn. It takes 10 minutes to get the mower out and 2 minutes to mow, then you have to clean up the cat shit and have a shower because you can smell it all day if you dont, like its on the end of your nose. My Mum has spoken to a neighbour the ther side of the cat owner from me; he has a small child and they agreed that it would be a case of putting out a little saucer of de icer in milk, or she would stick the animal in her car and drop it off somewhere far away. There was a dead bird, obviously mauled by the cat, outside next door (the cat owner) so my Mum said and prayer and it laid it on their front. I felt lucky she had not posted the corpse through the door. Our neighbour at the bottom of our garden, recently deceased (natural causes) used to feed all local cats with prawns and tiny strips of streaky bacon, she had cooked for them. Well.... you can imagine the stench of the cat shit from that diet, and all over my grass. I wont say I was pleased she had gone but the mess was less for a long time til these lot moved in with Tibbles.She left all her cash to the Cat Protection league in her will too. They will need the cash if I have another morning like this one.

I still want to see photos of your house. I love American houses, though I realise they are not all like Home Alone or Steel Magnolias.

No comments: