Washington Post, American Manners and Oxo

I don't know if that is strictly true about the Washington Post. There was a huge color write up on Saturday, because I read it. However, I only read it because the vendor next to me had the paper and gave it to me. I can't say how the coverage was on Friday, or Sunday through yesterday. Part of the responsibility lies with me regarding not knowing about the kids to be perfectly honest. I do not really read the papers that much anymore, and only watch the BBC News if there is a big story coming out of England. Additionally, Cameron's son died last year, and last year for me it was all Obama all the time. However, news coverage does suck over here, and I am not defending the media in any way.

I am laughing hysterically at the way you interpreted David Cameron and his wife yesterday, and the way I interpreted it. I thought that it was supercute. I thought that he tried to kiss her, but she didn't realize and didn't turn her head towards him, so he snuggled into her hair. I don't think that it was intentional that he touched her boob, it just happened, I think that he meant to put his arm around her. As far as opening the door and helping her out of the car, I noticed that when they left the palace, and noticed it again when they got to number 10. That is not a big deal here, (though it was to me when I first came), I have yet to meet a man that doesn't open the door for the woman, it's really nice.

I really enjoyed the back and forth emails yesterday, we should definitely be able to do the same during the World Cup, as long as I have my Blackberry with me, and don't have to write too much, then it's perfect. I have an unlimited plan, but it's just a pain in the ass typing on the Blackberry.

Pork chops, apple sauce, mashed potatoes, and homemade gravy for tea, thanks to C sending me some Oxo's.

No comments: