The Camerons, English Manners, FA Cup, Wembley

I agree totally about missed kiss. I would like a bit more opening of doors and manners here, but in the fight for equality and the thought that you can have a job, kids, down a pint and do the DIY without going mental, we English women have lost a lot. Although I think just seems worse in this house with a husband and 3 sons- because Nick works long hours and was running his own business, I took on responsibility for everything, and was often told off by a friend for mowing the lawn on the 1 hand, and for not making N do the ironing and half the cooking etc on the other. Now that I work too, and at least 2 of the sons think they are adults, I have trouble getting them to do the 'mans' work in the house. The thought that a male in this house might open a door for me is a dream ( but that may be my fault...or is it N's?)

We discussed the Camerons relationship and I remembered when I was heavily pregnant with A and out on a walk with visiting relatives; We got to a stile and N jumped over and carried on. His cousin shook his head put his hand out and helped me over, tutting and then shouting at N for his lack of manners. How we laughed! But you can be too capable, cope too well, run yourself into the ground in an attempt to be all things to all people.

Nowadays I write a list of jobs to be completed before lunch is served, but it causes bad feeling, a row, and total disappointment for me that no-one wants to help me, and think its OK for them to do what they want while I do 4x30 minutes of jobs before then starting lunch.

I do hope this coalition thang works

John Terrys foot is OK and there are no metatarsal problems yet. Poor old Fulham. Did you ever like Forlan at Man utd? I remember good will towards him and when he eventually scored his first goal, even though he was then sold on.

FA cup weekend; come on Portsmouth. I am doing roast beef, salads and cheesecake. I love to make coleslaw while listening to all the pundit shite and the interviews from the hotels and up Wembley Way.

No comments: