Radio Riots, Landon Donavan,Ghana, Vuvuzela

Only just managed to get my act together to look at emails about the
world cup. We luckily had a Radio Riots Gig straight after England
played on Sunday and so was able to drown my sorrows and dance and
sing to Harry's band with the youth of Shrewsbury, with some helpful,
but terrible distractions of 2 fights and police riot vans turning up,
one of the fights being between girls who looked the size of Kylie
minogue.

I hope you wont be offended if I say that Landon Donavan is a complete
dickhead. His interviews about destiny and God given rights smacked of
everything that does not sit well with anyone.

I knew that when the second place team from Germany group beat our
1st place it did not bode well, and despite thinking I had it all in
order, I started crying the minute the BBC music started and hour
before the match.

Just watched the Ghana Uruguay match, with Alex and 10 mates in the
front room, with me nich, my brother and ruaridh plus 2 friends in the
kitchen, I feel like I must be the bad luck......though I enjoyed
Holland winning.

Now I am faced with the unthinkable of supporting Germany against
Argentina tomorrow. My German friend Margret sent me a vuvuzela from
Germany and I loved it...... early in the tournament......but felt a
little infiltrated when we were well and truly beaten by them. Now I
know we were just rubbish and would never have got anywhere...... so I
am going to throw all my energy behind Holland for long term win.
Thank God we have not done it because Ruaridh is going on a school
trip to France and has been told that there is no way that he will be
able to watch the final.

Next mail will be less about my world cup misery

No comments: